What's new
Mesozoic Haven

Welcome to the Haven!

Please take a bit, browse around and see what we have to offer! Once you are done, we highly recommend registering with Discord so your Discord avatar syncs with the site! Any of the social logins work, but we recommend signing up with Discord!

❗ Announcement Important Possible Changes!

Which Streaming Platform do YOU Prefer?

• Twitch

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • YouTube

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trovo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glimesh

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Facebook Gaming

• Other (Reply below in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kensonplays

kensonplays

Co-Owner
Owner
Local time
7:19 PM
Website
mesohv.in
Fave Dino
Spino, Styraco, Cerato
Fave Game
ARK, Monster Hunter, POT
Fave Movie/TV
Jurassic Park, HTTYD
Fave Book
Jurassic Park
Discord
KensonPlays#0001
Hello dino friends!

YouTube streaming has been good, especially with the potential for higher quality AND guaranteed transcodes. But for the entire time, we get many more dropped frames on YouTube over Twitch. I know 5k to 10k frames in 3 hours is not technically a lot, but that translates to between 83s (just over a minute) and 166s (2.76 minutes).

I am not happy personally with the direction Twitch is going. Still, we may be forced to go back until I either get a better internet provider or move somewhere with a better internet provider. That will likely be at least three years or so.

Twitch still has some benefits, like a more familiar clipping system and streamdeck support for everyone. Streamers can create markers, clips, and more with the tap of a button on my streamdeck. You cannot do that on YouTube still.

They did add Clips support to all channels on YouTube, which is a significant improvement for YouTube livestreams. However, they still don't have a clip or marker button for streamdeck. YouTube still only has "Chat message" and "viewers" (which I do not use).

I've put up a poll for you all to vote in. Pick which platform you prefer yourself. I will leave this poll up for a week or two to give you all time to vote! This means the first few Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak streams will be on YouTube still unless we get a decent number of votes in the next two days!

If you can't see a vote button, you must sign up on our website. You can do so
easily by clicking Register, then waiting 10 seconds, and hitting "Discord." Then you have to pick the username you want, which should sync your nickname up between Discord and the website here!

kensonplays

kensonplays

Co-Owner
Owner
Local time
Website
mesohv.in
Fave Dino
Spino, Styraco, Cerato
Fave Game
ARK, Monster Hunter, POT
Fave Movie/TV
Jurassic Park, HTTYD
Fave Book
Jurassic Park
Discord
KensonPlays#0001
Due to majority vote and the problems YouTube continued to give us last couple attempt (a public and private test stream), we've decided to go with the winning result, Twitch.

This does not mean we won't be able to check out other platforms, like Glimesh, once in a while to see their updates and such.

Even though I'm personally very unhappy with the direction Twitch is going, they're, unfortunately, the "best" option right now.

kensonplays

kensonplays

Co-Owner
Owner
Local time
Website
mesohv.in
Fave Dino
Spino, Styraco, Cerato
Fave Game
ARK, Monster Hunter, POT
Fave Movie/TV
Jurassic Park, HTTYD
Fave Book
Jurassic Park
Discord
KensonPlays#0001
Have you tested YouTube since you hooked up your dad's router?
I have not. Can probably do later either tomorrow or Monday.

YouTube Channel

Latest blog entries